Sunday, February 08, 2009

projects update

Hey all! Hope you are enjoying this heat wave of almost 50 degrees here in New England or wherever you are. We are able to chip away at some of the many layers of ice and start to imagine times of going outside without being all bundled up...

But I digress. I have a pile of projects to show you, it's been so crazy workwise that I haven't had must time to blog. At any rate, here is what's been on the needles over here:

snail mittens frontside

snail mittens backside

snail mittens lining detail

These lovely mittens were sent off to my mom for her birthday.
details:
Pattern: Norwegian snail mittens by Adrian Bizilia / Hello Yarn from the Knitters Book of Yarn by Clara Parks
Yarn: Tree Frog Alpaca Melange sport weight in colors 910, 921 and 909.
Lining yarn: Bristol yarn gallery Buckingham (alpaca/silk) fingering weight
Needles: 2.25mm (1's) and 2.00mm (0's)
Mods: I was getting a crazy row gauge on these so sadly I had to cut out some of the lovely spirals.

handspun baby sweater

handspun baby sweater label

Baby sweater gift for a good friend.
pattern: February baby sweater from the knitter's almanac - Elizabeth Zimmermann
yarn: handspun superwash corriedale from Spunky Eclectic in the orchard colorway and Dream in Color classy (for where I ran out of handspun)
Mods: I did stockinette stitch instead of the lace and added a purl row with eyelet yarnovers where I had to transition to the dream in color classy. Embroidered label for extra cuteness.

replacement mittens

I am so sad to say that I cannot find my stranded mittens so I am knitting myself a replacement pair out of leftover fingering weight wool. This is a modified version of the Votteoppskrift mitten pattern (free on Ravelry)

lace ribbon scarf

Knitting a lace ribbon scarf from Knitty out of some handspun merino/tencel singles. I am really pleased with the results and hopefully when I'm done it will be spring and I can wear it.

HY jan fiber club 09 singles

And last but not least, I decided to stop treating all Hello Yarn fiber as super precious and had a lot of fun spinning singles from the latest fiber club installment. Destined to become a 2-ply worsted weight yarn next time I have a date with the spinning wheel.

That's all for now kids! I've got a crazypants work week coming up so it may be a bit quiet over here, but more to come soon. Stay warm!

8 Comments:

Blogger Paty said...

I LOVE all project you knitted, colors are AMAZING! Congratulations... keep looking over and over... hope your mom love the mittens...

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even begin to say how crazy I am about that gorgeous little handspun sweater! What a treasure. All of your projects look just great!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so love all of your projects! Such great colors. I especially love that little baby sweater.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

The mom mittens are great--good job!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are certainly a busy bee. I love all your fairisle projects.

8:27 PM  
Blogger cori said...

I love those mittens, they are beautiful! But am I missing something? I do not see this pattern on Ravelry anywhere? Votteoppskrift mitten pattern?

11:39 PM  
Blogger Sereknitty said...

The mittens are absolutely gorgeous! What a treasure that lovely little sweater will be -- too sweet!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Votteoppskrift mittens, but like cori, can't find them on Ravelry. Can you help us? Thanks!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home