Thursday, July 31, 2008

new design and gift certificate winner

harlequin yoke front2.jpg

Hey all! Webs was kind enough to publish another one of my sweater designs. This one is called the Harlequin Yoke Pullover and is knit out of Valley Yarns Deerfield. (Ravelry link for the sweater). This was a fun sweater to design, especially sorting out the correct decreases to keep the diamond pattern in the yoke. The idea came when I was knitting while watching a Six Feet Under episode with Elliott, and saw one of the characters wearing this sweater out of the corner of my eye. But when I looked up that's not what she was wearing at all! So I scribbled down a sketch before I forgot the idea and here it is. I had a lot of fun trying different color combinations for the diamonds, and I think you could really change the feel of the sweater depending on what colors you chose.

harlequin yoke back

harlequin yoke side

In other fun news, Jane won the raffle for the Webs gift certificate. Thank you so much to everyone who entered the raffle and supported Emmaus's work with the homeless. I'm thinking I might have to shoot for the 100 mile ride next year...

Webs gift certificate raffle winner

5 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

I love your latest design! The colors you used are definitely my taste.

Great job!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Very nice pattern! The colors of the diamonds are wonderful.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice sweater! Good job!

beth (big geek)

2:26 PM  
Blogger tomoko said...

amazing...! i love the detail on edges(?).
i'm curious to see it in differernt colors.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! Hooray for yokes! The picot hems are really awesome, too.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home