Saturday, June 14, 2008

not so much knitting when it's hot

As I'm sure you may have read from many other east coast blogs, we've had a show-stopping heat wave earlier this week. I generally don't mind heat and humidity, and I used to live in Philadelphia in a third story walk up with no air conditioning, but this was pretty hot and sticky. It also coincided with a visit from my parents so we spent our time in spaces more air conditioned than my apartment.

Of course the best air conditioned spaces are stores, so we went shopping. And I scored a new camera! I got a little Panasonic "spy" camera which is faster, smarter, and smaller than my old digicam. Someday I'd like to get a digital SLR, but I think realistically I would use a smaller point and shoot more often. I have to read up on all of the many settings and features, but it managed to take some nice photos of Syd without any trouble.

syd sweetie.jpg

I also got a nicer shot of the queen anne lace scarf:

queen anne scarf

I did manage to finish Elliott's noro raglan sweater and it is blocking on our guest bed. I think it will be cooler next week so hopefully I can arrange a photoshoot soon. Happy weekend to you all!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some nice pictures. Syd looks handsome. :-) I'd love to get a new camera myself but it's no where near the top of the list. I'm glad you didn't melt last week!

8:54 PM  
Blogger craftivore said...

Cute cute birdie, doesn't he want to chew on your lace scarf? I like your photos, I think you were doing a nice job with your old digicam but there is something really sexy about working with a new camera.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf is beautiful--all my favorite colors in one place!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your scarf. I think I saw that on Hello Yarn too!
Very nice.

beth (big geek)

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home