Sunday, June 22, 2008

blocked and ready to go

e's stripy noro raglan

e's stripy noro raglan

Elliott finally scores a handknit sweater!

specs:
pattern: basic raglan sweater recipe from the Handy Book of Sweater Patterns
yarn: 6 balls each of noro silk garden #226 and #244
needles: 5mm
notes:
I ended up striping the yarn like all of those beautiful noro stripy scarfs to try and get a consistent shift in colors across the whole sweater. Because the sweater was "man-sized" some of the colors changed within the striping for a more subtle effect. I tried to get the sleeves to have a similar feeling by striping 4 balls of yarn at different points in the color sequence and more randomly choosing what stripe color would go next. I also used a tubular cast on for the body and sleeves and a tubular cast off for the neck.
verdict:
Elliott seems pretty pleased with this one. It's not too heavy or hot and I think it will get a lot of wear come fall.

e's stripy noro raglan

e's stripy noro raglan detail

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And he is happy too! Nice strippy sweater. I need to get a hang of this "tubular cast off" thing sometime...

12:37 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

It's gorgeous! He looks great in it.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

Looks great....wonderful combination of colours too!

2:23 PM  
Blogger frecklegirl jess said...

Congrats!! It looks awesome, Cheryl!!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

silk garden, that's pretty fancy. he'd better take good care of it. or i'll give him "what for"

4:31 PM  
Blogger Ami said...

It looks like it fits great! I also like how the colours stripe.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Wendolene said...

Excellent sweater! How did you get your neckline decreases so tidy?

7:26 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Oooo I love the stripes!
Lucky guy!

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That came out great and looks like a perfect fit. :-) What a lucky guy!

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is sooo beautiful!! I'm totally inspired to make a striped Noro raglan for me now...whether it will happen or not is another story. But the fabric on this is so beautiful...and the colors. :o)

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! This is really fantastic! I love your idea of striping the noro in a more random pattern then every other strip as they do with the scarf. I have a soft spot for the noro, but some of the colorway striping is a little irritating to me and this striping is just gorgeous!

Sigh... now I'm going to have to go get me some noro... :( I mean :)

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home