Sunday, May 11, 2008

spinning goodness

Happy Mother's Day to whomever that applies to out there! Here are some of my favorite flowers for you to enjoy:
lily of the valley

My upstairs neighbor gave me this cute little pot of lily of the valley after we had a lengthy discussion about how much we liked them, and if there were any vacant fields near by that we could steal some from. This have such an amazing fragrant, even this little pot fills this room with it's nice fragrance.

On Saturday I finished the last bit of one of the super huge projects I've been working on. The other one will wrap up on the 21st. Then, my friends, I am going to take a crafting vacation. I think this will involve sewing, gardening, painting some bookcases, spinning, dying roving, knitting, biking and sleeping. Hooray!

In the meanwhile I managed to finally spin some of the amazing fiber from Hello Yarn's fiber club. This is 4oz. of Shetland top in the March 08 colorway - Red Velvet. I ended up with about 200 yards of 2-ply worsted weight squishy goodness. I'm still squishing it, even time I walk past it.

red velvet 2-ply shetland

red velvet 2-ply shetland

red velvet 2-ply close up

12 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

HELLO!...yarn, it is fabulous - every inch! Nice job with the spinning, I would surely squeeze it every chane too:)

7:43 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

That is gorgeous handspun! Awesome job!

9:46 PM  
Blogger RuralLegend said...

I'm so glad crazy-project #1 is done! May the second resolve quickly and restful sanity follow!
Blessings! :)
-B

11:18 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

That is some gorgeous squishy goodness!

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! ::drool:: That yarn is so yummy! Enjoy!

11:08 AM  
Blogger cosymakes said...

oooh... pretty. i love how fuzzy shetland gets :) it makes me happy.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, what gorgeous handspun! I want to reach through my screen and give it a hug.

4:26 PM  
Blogger mel said...

Hurray for finishing super-huge projects!! And for lovely, squishy, tasty handspun - Red Velvet is the perfect name for that colorway!!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Sereknitty said...

Gorgeous Lily photo! Oh, my ... I need some of that fabulous handspun.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way the hello yarn came out. And that's a cute hello kitty behind your flowers. :-)

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That handspun is just gorgeous, Cheryl! Congrats! Can't wait to see it in person.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dad's favorite flower was Lily of the Valley. When I was first married,34 years ago, Dovie,a sweet little lady in the neighborhood, gave me a few to transplant. I anticipated their arrival each spring...soft waxy bells of pure perfume. Several years ago I lost mine and have been meaning to buy some more. The aroma of lily of the valley wafting on the breeze is heavenly.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home