Friday, May 02, 2008

baby surprise jacket and nachos but not together

Hi all,
Thank you all so much for all of the lovely comments on the handspun spiral yoke sweater. It completely made my week. Unfortunately since work is still convinced that I am it's full time plaything, I haven't been able to respond to any of the wonderful comments. Luckily the end is finally in site and things should slow down in the next couple of weeks. Of course that means not so much time for the knitting or blogging either. I did manage to whip out a Baby surprise jacket for my cousin who is expecting.

alpaca sock yarn BSJ

This is my first time knitting a BSJ and the construction blew me away - it's like origami for knitting! It's knit with Misti Alpaca hand painted sock yarn - color #07

alpaca sock yarn BSJ closeup

In other news you may remember that Elliott and I were having a nacho-fest. We each made a version - I of course went the white trash route, but Elliott got all classy with homemade chips, slow cooked pork, layers of real melted cheddar, olives, jalapeños, green salsa, sour cream and cilantro. This was tasty as well, I have to say. Here's what mr. e had to say about it...

e's nachos

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny. I just made my first BSJ this week as well. Yours looks great. Very happy colors! Those nachos sound wonderful.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Love your BSJ. Gorgeous colors. What yarn did you use?

5:51 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

love the BSJ - they are the origami of knitting (and also addicting, kinda like nachos...)

9:15 AM  
Blogger monica said...

I've been making a few of these BSJs recently. I love yours!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... gorgeous little BSJ! I just finished up my first in March and it was a fun--though at times exasperating- little knit. I think it's one of the best patterns for showing off gorgeous hand-spun or hand painted yarns...

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My grandmother had an entire side garden of lily of the valley, it was her favorite flower. The scent would stroll through the kitchen with the spring breezes and to this day the memory of that scent reminds me of lazy Sunday afternoons spent with her.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, posted the above on the wrong page. That's what happens when you post before coffee.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home