Wednesday, May 21, 2008

after felting

felted noni grocery bag

Thanks for all of your comments on the Noni bag! I got to felt it a few nights ago in my friend's felting machine or better known as the washing machine. Her washer is great because you can turn back the knob and extend the wash cycle for as long as you need without having use extra water. It took about 3 cycles or 40 minutes for this to felt down to it's proper size. It turned out nice and thick and the handles are very substantial - I was worried the handles were a bit wimpy but I was wrong. I blocked this bag with cardboard boxes cut to size to keep its nice rectangular shape. I know you want to see a pre/post felting size comparison:

before and after felting

specs:
Noni Green Earth Grocery Bag #407
7 skeins of Cascade 220 green 7414
2 skeins of Cascade 220 blue 7418
yarn held double and knit on size 11 needles

14 Comments:

Blogger jillian said...

That's amazing!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

Holy crap! It looks totally reasonable now! Do you get to use this, or is it a store sample?

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! That feels better now. It's perfect!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

That looks like a good manageable size now...should be great for stuffing with groceries!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

looks fantastic! The "pre" photo was very funny - you would have been "best-dressed" at the 4th of July potato sack races. Glad it came down to size. :-)

5:37 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Wow! The magic of felting comes through again!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

this is amazing!! I have to try some more felting. I just love the results. that arrow on the bottom is too cute :)

1:29 PM  
Blogger Wendolene said...

That is amazing! I am a huge fan of bags of every variety, but large bags usually get my vote because then I can stick my knitting in them.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this! Like the before and after picture, what a difference.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the arrow at the bottom. It looks like it can hold a decent amount of groceries and I bet it's pretty sturdy with how small it got. Very cool! :-)

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great bag - love that arrow :)

11:31 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Wow! It's fabulous!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Sereknitty said...

Not only does that bag look fabulous, it also looks very sturdy and practical. Nice Job!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Such a cool bag! I love the arrow at the bottom, I didn't notice that the first time around.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home