Monday, October 23, 2006

what's next?

I tend to have about two mabye three knitting projects going on at once. One big project, like the floral sweater, that needs concentration and is most likely hard to carry around because it had lots of pieces/parts. The small project, like a hat or socks or mittens that is easy to stuff in a bag for grab and go knitting action. Sometimes there is a third item, a gift of some sort that could fall in either catagory or when I get tired of the first two catagories.

While I still have about 1 2/3 sleeves to knit on the floral sweater, this is usually the point when I start daydreaming about the next big one. I have to be careful not to get too excited and abandon the current project, but this is a good time to dig through the yarn stash pile and the pattern piles to see if anything lines up or maybe even go to the yarn store and pet the skeins themselves.

Here's what I'm considering... I've got a big pile of this:



that might have to get turned into a pair of these:



with patterns like this:




or this:



but I just found this on the Interweave Knits website in the Winter 2006 preview - beautiful!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home